Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Joy of Art

Lately, I've been in the creative mood... It's consumed me to the point that I can't think of anything else... I can barely stand to be at work, and my poor little house is in desperate need of a good scrubbing.. I think this obsession is a good thing.. Someone must be trying to tell me something...

This past weekend, all I did was paint or draw.. Saturday I made myself a pot of coffee and began my discovery of acrylics.. I worked from 9 am until after 4 pm, only breaking to shower... Once I was 'finished' (it's not done yet!), I felt like I had run a marathon.. a few sips of Jameson later, and the nervous aftershock of all that concentration finally dwindled... and although I felt like I had been hit by a semi, I couldn't have been happier...

I still love my writing, and will continue to stick with that as well.. in my opinion, as you might have read in a previous post, it's just another form of art... but there's something to be accomplished here...

Thanks for *listening* to me ramble :)

~Keely~

No comments:

Post a Comment